Guter Rat Do I?

love_not_war_75 posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 01:42AM
Hi, I need some help.
At the start of the year I made friends with some people who go to the same film school. They're great friends but don't know if a want to tell them I'm dying. I don't want them to treat me any different to anyone else. Should I tell them or keep it secret.
last edited on Aug 23, 2008 at 01:44AM

Guter Rat 7 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Snerkie said…
It depends if you want to tell them or not. If you think they might understand then tell them, or if you want to tell them just let them understand you don't want to be treated differently because of it because they might not be sure how to go about it themselves.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr germany123 said…
wow i think this is actually something i wouldnt want to give advice on...how could i possibly relate?
Im sure you will find a solution youre comfortable with :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr danni-obel said…
if u decide to tell em just let them now that they dont have talk act or do anythin different around u.
the reason ppl usually act so weird in this sort of situation is because they dont know what they should do and what is apropriate. so if u let them know itl be easier 4 both of u.

hope that helps.
goodluck
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mrsblack_1089 said…
it all sort of depends on how GOOD of friends they are. If you hang out all the time, it's better to tell the truth. If it's more a casual acquaintance relationship, you might keep it to yourself. Use yoiur judgement. if you decide to tell them, they might not know quite wat 2 say, so don't be surprised if they are acting weird or don't respond 2 ur phone calls, texts, emails, whatever. if they don't come back around, remember you have plenty of other friends and family who love you and who accept you. and me. if you ever want to talk, i'm here. :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr amazondebs said…
I'm trying to relate as i have a brain tumor myself but it's not as serious so i guess i can't relate to telling people you will die
I did tell my friends about my condition though and i think it's all about how you treat it, if you talk about it in the way you want them to treat it they should take it and follow suit

I hope that helps
Vor mehr als einem Jahr love_not_war_75 said…
thanks everyone
Vor mehr als einem Jahr iluvryry said…
omg! you're dying???? i am so sorry!!! i think you should tell them! you never know you could all fall out and you wouldn't die knowing that!